Doctoral Residency: The Balance of it All

As you can see, it has been incredibly difficult to keep up with the blog as of late.  Partly because I have not allowed myself to find balance, partly because I am still sleep deprived.  With a move on the horizon, the new job and school, it is a wonder that I even made it here to AZ for my residency.  It is sad that it took a trip for study for me to slow down.

The last two months have been a whirlwind of experiences. I ended my 14 and a half year career with Outback Steakhouse on Mother's day.  This was a bittersweet day which ended and era in my life.  My new position is much less social, and much more formal than my previous. This is both a positive and a negative for me.  I have in essense lost my childhood best friend, who has decided not to be in my life any longer through misscommunications on both of our parts. Even with this sadness, I am the happiest that I have been. 

I am enjoying my studies, as I learn about transformational leadership, it has been amazing to see my leadership skill set and style develop. a couple of awesome, inspirational videos are listed below for your viewing pleasure. If you are at all interested in leadership, or in motivating others, these videos are a great resource.

http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/itay_talgam_lead_like_the_great_conductors.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6XAPnuFjJc 
The balance of work, school, and personal life has been a daunting task, but it will all be worth it in the end. I have a very clear goal in sight, and I fully intend to make sure that those goals are realized.

of course there is my reason for existance. My amazing family!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Through it All

Construction Zone

phD Kick in the Rear