Running on Empty

Stress can take on many forms, mine has taken to the form of new found issues with anxiety and severe psoriasis.  It is time to regroup, refocus and take some time out for me.....easier said than done as usual.

So what do you to do de-stress.  I have googled every technique known to man and many are not conducive to a doctoral learner with 6 mouths to feed; only 2 of which belong to me, a bustling two year old, and the holidays around the corner.

One way I have decided to distress is to take a couple of days to run away.  I will be heading to a training a couple days early to take some me time.  I will likely see a friend or two, but this trip is more about finding me again.  I have decided this is necessary so that I do not kill someone.

It is extremely hard to admit that I have too much going on, but I definitely have two much going on and my health is beginning to suffer.  I do not want to become unhappy or bitter and so I am finding it necessary to come up with ways to self soothe.  I have used food and alcohol which have done nothing for me but cause more issues, so I am not finding other ways to appease my anxiety.  It is time to see the doc and really assess my life and the people who reside in it.  Thank goodness for a supportive spouse and a wonderful little light of my life, they are the only reason I keep plugging away!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Through it All

Construction Zone

phD Kick in the Rear