Out of Hibernation.....or maybe back in

Funny how it takes a cold to know me on my butt and back into a blog post.  It has been awhile my friends, but things are moving along.  So far 3 courses down and 4 more to go till year 2 residency.  Time is ticking away.  There have been many obstacles in time management, the most pending of course is a one year old who has hit his terrible two's early, and does not sleep through the night.

I have been spending a considerable time thinking about the dissertation process, and every part of it terrifies me.  I think it is time to choose a panel, or at least to start selling myself (not in the way some of you are thinking).  I have decided on a few people to solicit for interviews and more to solicit for a questionnaire sample.  The most terrifying part of the process is converting the data collected into an intelligent statistical summary and then translating that summary into a paper that doesn't bore the average reader to tears.  I also have to choose and hire an editor, something I know nothing about.

Cross those bridges when they get there right? Oh wait, they're here!!!  I have to remember the friend who always reminds me....."How do you eat an elephant Amber"....ya ya I know, but I don't even like elephant!!

Parenting.....now that is a whole other beast.  I am admittedly not the best parent.  I let him explore too many things that he shouldn't.  I am not at all over reactive of his daredevil stunts.  I may on the surface appear to be a hazardous parent.  I think that he should be able to explore, and make mistakes, and hopefully learn from them....of course some of those mistakes end with a bloody lip and sleepless nights. I parent the way my child leads me to parent him, and yes, I would like him to sleep better and listen better, but we will get there. 

We are becoming healthier parents at least.  Eric and I eat mostly Paleo now, and we joined a crossfit gym which we go to at least 4 times a month (ugh something always comes up).  The goal is to go 4 times a week by the end of December and 5 times a week after the first of the year.  At least that is my goal. So far I have lost 19 lbs and 4 pant sizes....not too shabby. That is the motivation that keeps me going, even though I mostly fail on the crossfit part.

I guess that covers the last couple months.  I will attempt to keep up.....afterall, I have all the time in the world.......right!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Through it All

Construction Zone

phD Kick in the Rear