A moment of silence

I currently blogging from I don't know how many thousands of feet in the air.  Technology is so powerful that we are now able to work on an airplane.  This used to be my time to read a book for leisure or take a nap and now it is a time to catch up on work emails, and homework.  It's sad really.

It has been awhile since I have had time to write to you all, the holidays and a hectic work schedule have made it so that I have had to take a little sabatical from my doctoral program in order to keep up with the ever active 15 month old.  It takes all that I have to keep up with my own world, much less the world around me.

.......And then Sandy Hope.......and suddenly the world stands still for just a moment.  A tragedy that is unfathomable to a parent, or anyone really.  On that day I reevaluated priorites and realized that a moment of silence is needed everyday.  This moment of silence should be used to send loving thoughts to the person who frustrates you most, to mourn the loss of lives for those you never knew.  This moment should be used to contemplate relationships, why the matter, and what you can do to grow or save them.

It has been awhile since I really took the time to listen and relate to someone simply because I am busy trying to be everything to everyone.  By doing this I have realized that I am really nothing to noone.  I have not really given myself to someone, I have merely given them a facade. 

Today at 9:30 am there will be a National Moment of Silence to honor those babies and teachers who lost their lives at Sandy Hope.  I would hope that we would all take a moment, not only today, but everyday to take a moment of silence to honor our lives, our blessings, and  the lives of others.

I hope that today is the end of something, not the world, but of our hectic, crazy, lethargic lives. I hope that today marks the end of autonomy and creates a sense of community.  I hope for a spiritual awakening....BELIEVE IN SOMETHING people, and use that belief for the powers of good.  This is my hope.

Enjoy your moment of silence....as if it may be your last.

AB

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Through it All

Construction Zone

phD Kick in the Rear