Time for a System Reboot

I have been in a productivity rut.  I have not been passionate about the job I have been doing or my season that I have been given.  I have lost sparkle and shine in relationships and in my self image.  I need a reboot! Sometimes we just need that.  We need to say, OK, it's time to get passionate about where I am RIGHT NOW!

So what if the job you have isn't the job you always dreamed of.  I bet there are many factors that are fantastic about it.  I know that in my job there are plenty of things I can be passionate about, even if it wasn't what I thought I would be doing.  Guess what kiddies, life is seldom what you think it will be. but man is it worth embracing what you've been dealt with isn't it?  I needed to follow my own advice.  So there are a couple of things I have started to do.

1.Personal:  That fitness accountability group I wanted to join in January, ya I joined it.  It is day five of week one and it has been such a blessed experience.  I am a healthy eater, but was terrible about maintaining a workout routine.  It makes such a difference to have a place to safely post struggles and goals, meal plans and failures.  If you have a goal that seems daunting or impossible, find some people to keep you accountable for achieving that goal.  My group is a group of relative strangers, a couple of acquaintances and some super heroes who are quickly becoming friends.

2. Work/Career:  So this morning I did a cubicle makeover.  I moved everything in my cubicle into what I believe will be a more productive work space.  I moved monitors closer together and in full view of the rest of the office.  This will keep me from the constant book of faces checks that eat productivity.  Now if you are like me these distractions are more to clear my head for the next task ahead, so these "checks" will now be scheduled.  I also made a personal corner in my corner.  This is a place with personal pictures and a vase of silk flowers.  This is where I will disconnect during lunch or breaks and read my current book.  Right now I am reading Rising Strong, by Brene Brown.  Excellent read.

3. Relationships:  In the spirit of transparency I haven't quite figured out my reboot on this one, but when I do I am sure it will be a post all in its own. Relationships are hard because they rely on your perception of circumstance.  For instance, I read for to deep into others emotional states and energy.  I need to understand that everyone is not happy and sparkly all the time.  It's not a personal attack on me. This is a continued struggle for me.

I think we all need that reboot periodically.  I am looking forward to more productivity, and getting my sparkle into full sparkle mode.

As always if you have questions, or you like this little rant, leave me a comment so that I know you were here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Through it All

Construction Zone

phD Kick in the Rear