New Horizons

It is official! I am a doctoral student.  Just received my schedule and lets just say that sleep will elude me for the next 3 years.  It is so important to chase your dreams, even if they seem out of reach.  When I started college in 1996 I didn't think I would ever finish my bachelor's degree.  It took 10 years, I supported an ex husband through undergraduate and law school, worked more than full time, and struggled to get through school.  I had very little support from family, spouse or friends, but I was determined to finish.  I was going to have a bachelors degree.

I never dreamed that I would have the gumption to continue with school, but with the support of my current husband, the person I am supposed to be with, I will soon be Dr. Amber Brown.  It will be quite a journey, I am sure, but I am so excited to have the opportunity to complete a dream.

I am so proud of all of my friends who have gone back to school while supporting their families.  I have so many strong women and men in  my life who show me that anything is possible, and you are never too old to reach for your dreams.  I want to encourage anyone who is thinking of going back to school to definitely try it! There is nothing and no one hindering you from accomplishing your dreams, except for you. 

I am humbled by all that I have, and the things that I have been able to accomplish.  I want to be a role model to my son.  I want to teach him that no matter what roads you take to reach your destination, the beauty is in your journey.

Comments

  1. Wow! Good for you Amber... I am proud of you for going back to school. What are you studying exactly? I must say you are a superwoman! There is NO way I could do anything that ambitious after having a baby.... U SO CraZy girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha Kristin, I am going for organizational leadership. The goal is to be a director or VP of training within the next 5 years.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Through it All

Construction Zone

phD Kick in the Rear