You are More

It is easy to be hard on yourself when it seems like things are impossibly hard.  The thing about life is that we all do hard things, but we don't have to be overly hard on ourselves.  Self doubt, caring about what others say or think to the point that it makes you feel bad about yourself, that is all crap and should be dismissed. Yes, we must be careful with our words, thoughts and actions, but we are all human and it is better to just be honest with yourself and others than to wallow in the what ifs. The balance is hard to find.  Do you not say certain things because you are afraid of hurting feelings, or are you too honest with the excuse that you are being true to yourself?  There has be be that sweet spot median right? I have spent many years feeling judged, with the feeling that I was doing something wrong.  I spent years tiptoeing around feelings and living in fear of hurting others.  I wasn't honest with myself or others for a long time, now I feel I may be a little too honest, it is time to find a balance.

We spend so much time telling ourselves that we did something wrong because of the way someone else reacts to us.  This focus on self is the problem.  Maybe it isn't about us.....maybe it is about the "thems". As much as we feel that we are doing something wrong, those who "make" us feel that way are probably struggling with the same self doubt and fear of hurting someones feelings.  The fact is, I would rather hear it straight then have someone protect my feelings.  I would rather have straight talk then be avoided. I spent a long time avoiding difficult conversations.  It's time to face up to fears and just respectfully tell others what we feel. I am done apologizing for my thoughts, feelings and even my actions.  I will own my mistakes and not cover them because I am afraid of what someone else will think.  My experiences, trials and yes, even my bad decisions are what makes my story. It is uniquely mine, and every page of that story is something to be cherished.

I challenge you to take responsibility for your thoughts, feelings and actions.  Own them as if they didn't affect anyone but you, and then ask yourself if you are responsible for how you process them.  I am not saying that you shouldn't care how you affect others, but it does no good to punish yourself because you think that you hurt someone else.  Just be fair, kind and honest, this is the best way to be true to yourself, and to others.

Love you guys!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Through it All

Construction Zone

phD Kick in the Rear